The City of David Parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God is pleased to announce its 11th Annual Christmas Charity Ball which is scheduled to take place at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos on Sunday, 3rd of December, 2017.
This year, the Christmas Charity Ball is themed TIMELESS. The theme is significant as it speaks to the enduring symbol of hope that the City of David’s Annual Charity Ball has come to represent for undeserved people and communities. We thank you and other sponsors who have been consistent with their generosity,in and out of season, to facilitate the various charities and CSR initiatives of the City of David over the past decade!
Since 2006, the City of David has been a vanguard for positive change, improving lives and communities, and providing access to education, training, medical support, accommodation, infrastructural development, rehabilitation of the poor, helpless, needy and displaced persons, to mention but a few interventions.
As the year rolls to an end, we celebrate these achievements at our Christmas Charity Ball, which promises to be asensational evening of excellent music, good food, great comedy, dance and lots of gifts for everyone to celebrate the abiding love of God throughout the years. We are grateful to God and full of thanksgiving for His blessings and grace to do the work He has called us to do. If you recall, some of these past interventions and CSR initiatives include:
- Purchase of 3 dialysis machines at
N4 million each for General Hospital, Gbagada and Healing Stripes Hospital, Victoria Island.
- 360°Foundation was given
N1m for educational support.
N1m to LOTS Charity Foundation (in partnership with MTN Foundation) to acquire land to ensure sustainability in caring for the poor and abandoned children of ‘Dustbin Estate’, Ajegunle.
- Provision of 40 solar powered street lights at Kirikiri Prisons/Naval Town Road.
- Provision of vocational training for 50 drivers to help in addressing the dearth of skilled technical and vocational manpower in Lagos. The training was carried out in partnership with AA Rescue and the Lagos State Government.
- Design, installation and commissioning of solar powered traffic lights on Ligali Ayorinde Street and Akingbolagbe/COD Church Road in Victoria Island, Lagos. These lights have helped to alleviate the traffic gridlock on the Lekki Toll Highway alternative routes that run close to the church.
- In conjunction with Arise (the Women’s platform), we have also provided free medical services, food stuff, water and clothes for some internally displaced people (arising from the Boko Haram crises).
- Establishment of a nursery and primary school for the Makoko community, including ongoing adult literacy classes and youth empowerment programmes.
We have accomplished great things but there’s still a lot more to be done, as our nation continues its stride towards a better society for all. We appeal specially to you, and all our friends, sponsors and corporate organizations to give generously towards significantly expanding our ongoing initiatives in Makoko area, a suburb of Lagos. We plan to set up the first Primary Health Center for the Egun community at Makoko. The area is densely populated with fishing as the people’s major occupation. They are often exposed to various forms of infections and diseases, and are in dire need of this facility.The intervention is in line with our focus for the progressive development of the people and their quality of life.
We invite you to partner with us to make this laudable initiative a reality. For sponsorship and further inquiries, please call 08082192510 or 08022951102.